Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Humanis Rex is the title of a science fiction comic book series written, drawn and colored by Gerry Alanguilan being serialized by Fudge Magazine in the Philippines.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Humanis First!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was first approached to do a comic strip for the Inquirer a year ago which was by then still planning to put together a comic section for their Sunday edition. Since a date had been set for the first release (which I remember to be nearly immediate), I rushed to do two proposals, one for Timawa and another for Humanis Rex. The format for the strip will be horizontal and so I designed my pages that way. They were interested in both proposals, but I had said I had time to do just one. I don't remember if I decided to do Timawa or if they decided it, but it was Timawa that I ended up developing.

But the months wore on, and the intitial release date had been postponed indefinitely. I decided to move on to other things and committed myself to drawing other comics when the Inquirer called again to say that we were back on track. I had to tell them of my situation, that I had taken on committments in the meantime which prevent me from continuing with the strip. So I had to let them go.

It wasn't until I got in touch with an old friend, Annie Alejo, editor of FUDGE Magazine that I had the opportunity to do the strip on a less hectic schedule. I knew Annie from PULP Magazine... and I also know Fudge's Editorial/Marketing Assistant and Photographer Ed Ramos, who happens to be Annie's significant other. So it's pretty much doing something with some old good friends. Pero di sila old, ha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

When I first saw this (in computer printout format), I thought you used computer comic fonts. Remember you showed me the original artwork and I was amazed. Very inspiring, Gerry!

-ed
www.edgartadeo.com

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home